When you put your home on the market, you want it to appeal to a large cross section of buyers in order to create a frenzy of activity!
Buying a home is such an emotional decision that even a seemingly small issue can create a bad impression that will turn a buyer off. Here are six home buyer turn offs you need to be aware of:
When you sell your home, it's important to get the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time. Sometimes the best way to do that is by taking care of the small stuff. It's definitely worth the effort and the good news is that depersonalising, decluttering and thoroughly cleaning your home doesn't cost a fortune.
Vancouver Real Estate board overall
Home Sale Activity Improves but Remains Below Historical Averages
Single family houses sales for March totalled 941 with the average sale price of $1,176,642. This 20% decrease in number of sales and 1% increase in average price over last year same time period (March). Townhouse sales for March totalled 432 with an average sale price of $550,266. This is a 13% decrease in the number of sales and an decrease of 7% in average price over the same time period last year (March).Condominiums March sales totalled 982 with the average sale price of $456,358. This a 17% decrease in number of sales and 2% increase in average price over the same time period last year (March).
Total of all types for March was 2355 sales with an average sale price of $761,393. This is a 18% decrease in number of sales and no change in average price over March last year.
The total number of sales ran about 18% below the same month in the previous year with minimal change in average price in single family and 7% decrease in townhouses and a 2% increase in condos. The Vancouver Real Estate Board sales volume year to date is down by 21% year to date and year to date average sales price is down by 2%. The number of active listings is 1% higher this March compared to last March. It would appear that house prices are stabilizing in single family and condos and that we are still experiencing some decrease in pricing for townhouses.
Local Maple Ridge
Single family houses March sales totalled 76 with the average sale price of $466,641. This a 20% decrease in number of sales and average price decrease of 11% compared to March last year. Townhouse March sales totalled 24 with an average sale price $297,883. This is a 22% decrease in the number of sales and average price decrease of 1% compared to last March. Condominiums March sales totalled 11 with the average sale price of $192,082. This is an 21% increase in number of sales and average price decrease of 8% over last March.
Total of all types of sales for March was 111 with an average sale price of $402,944. This is a 20% decrease in number of sales and a 9% decrease in average price over last March.
Low volume of sales will continue to put downward pressure on prices.
The number of properties on the market in Maple Ridge for March is 916 which is 4% below last March.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver Housing Market Update for March 2013 with REBGV president Sandra Wyant video link. Click below.
For more detail just call 604-466-4549 or email
The arrival of a new baby brings many responsibilities including baby proofing your home from top to bottom. Here are a few things to keep in mind when preparing your home for your new bundle of joy:
It’s best to baby proof your home before your little one arrives as it'll be the last thing on your mind when you're a tired new parent! Getting down on all fours will help you see hazards from their perspective but to be extra safe, consider hiring a professional baby proofer.
Buyers and sellers are looking for somewhere they can getALL the information in a timely manner. We have tried to do that on our personal website so check out these features:
* The site contains ALL the MLS listings and is current to the minute with no built in 24+ hour delay such as Realtor.ca .
* Sign in as a member ( no cost or obligation) and you will have access to room sizes, strata fees, price history, taxes, etc.
*When viewing a listing use the “birds eye” and “street view” features to get a good idea of the neighbourhood and traffic patterns.
* We have set up an easy search criteria for local home hunting. You just select the type of property by button and the price range. The searches are all set up for you.
* Want more detail, then use the proeprty search dropdon and choose member or public search. You can search by MLS number, map, area / sub area and by dozens of criteria.
*Looking for open houses? Just click the open house button and subsequent area and they are all listed.
* Want a mobile app to show details on all listings around you in the lower mainland then click on the “Mobile Search” on the left side of the web page, fill out your information and the app will be emailed to you. Just save it to your home screen.
*Looking for information about the Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge community, then click our “Resource Page” button on the left side of the page. Information on schools, doctors, dentists, sports, recreation, etc. If you don’t see something you are looking for then let us know and we will add it.
* English not your first language then select the “Choose Language” drop down on the top of the left margin and choose the language you would like to view the entire site to be in.
* Set up and save your own searches to be notified immediately of listings that match your criteria.
Go to www.ThePearceTeam.com