The Pearce Team

Service With Integrity

(604) 466-4549

Avoiding the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a serious threat that affects families each and every day.  Lower gas levels produce symptoms such as headaches, fatigue and nausea while higher levels can be fatal.

To help protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning, ensure exhaust gases are properly vented from the central home heating unit.  It’s also important to have your furnace, chimney and vents regularly inspected by a trained professional.


You should have at least one carbon monoxide detector installed on each floor.  Qualified professionals can advise you on different types of detectors but remember that a detector doesn't replace the need to maintain your furnace.

Most cities offer environmental services that measure indoor air quality.  Prevention is key to avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning as this silent killer is difficult to detect.
Comments:
No comments

Post Your Comment:

The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.