Taking the time to regularly maintain your property is critical as it helps protect your most valuable investment.
It's also much more cost effective to pro-actively fix small problems as opposed to trying to fix them once they're past the point of no return.
Regular maintenance should be part of your routine so here's a fall home maintenance checklist to help keep you organized:
- fix any cracks or gaps you see in the driveway
- inspect your locks to make sure they're operating properly
- test and clean your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- inspect your furnace filter and schedule a furnace tune-up
- check your roof for leaks and damaged shingles
- inspect your chimney for obstructions such as bird's nests
- check the weatherstripping on your windows and doors
- rake up leaves and aerate/fertilize your lawn
- clean leaves from gutters and test downspouts with a hose
- ensure water doesn't pool around your home as it can damage your foundation
- check your home's exterior for any holes that rodents could use to gain entry
Preventative maintenance will help ensure small problems don't turn into big headaches that need to be professionally attended to on short notice. Just a little time and planning will help you maintain your home's value and you'll also save money each month as your home will be much more efficient.
Post Your Comment: