We spend so much time at work so it's important to incorporate the same green practices at the office that we use at home. Here are a few ways you can enjoy a greener workspace:
- Out to Lunch - Pack your lunch and snacks in reusable containers and eliminate the need for plastic coffee cups by using a mug from home.
- Save Your Energy - Set your computer to energy saving mode and make sure you shut it down completely when you leave for the day.
- Reduce/Reuse/Recycle - Cut down on paper by re-using the backs of printed paper and recycle printer cartridges as it's cheaper and eco-friendly.
- Go Digital - Organize and store your files on your computer instead of in the filing cabinet and share documents through cloud services such as Dropbox.
- Hitch a Ride - Arrange a carpooling program as not only will you save money and the environment but it's also a great way to get to know your co-workers.
When it comes to the environment, every little bit helps. You may need to start some of these initiatives yourself but it will be worth it. If you want to help the environment while improving your quality of life, why not investigate working from home? Today's technology makes it easy to do and a very viable option!