Maximizing your vehicle's fuel efficiency will not only save you money but you'll also be doing your bit for the environment! Here are a few tips that'll pay off at the pump:
- Turn it Off - Don't idle as it unnecessarily wastes fuel.
- Take it In - Regular tune-ups will increase your car's efficiency.
- Check & Inflate - Keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure.
- Slow Down - Speeding increases fuel consumption by as much as 50%!
- Don't Brake Down - Don't constantly jam on your brakes and then rapidly accelerate.
- There's an App for That! - Download an app that reports the cheapest local gas prices.
- Lighten Up - Remove unnecessary items from your vehicle as extra weight reduces fuel efficiency.
The best way to save on gas is to keep your car in the driveway so next time you climb behind the wheel, ask yourself if you can walk there instead. Just a few small changes to your driving habits such as combining errands or carpooling to work will save you a small fortune over time!